Translate

Thursday, November 22, 2018

1000 posts now guest writers wanted

Just now I realised that today's previous post was in fact my 1000th on this blog. I never dreamt of reaching that figure when I started in 2012 not having a clue about blogging, just as a response to all the fake news during the devastating fire that summer. I realised that there wasn't anyone reporting in English from La Gomera and struggled to keep you informed. I learned a fair bit, but I still don't know all that much about blogging.
What kept me going over the years was the encouragement from the many readers I met in person, and the surprisingly high volume of interest in La Gomera's affairs from all over the world, but mainly from the UK, Ireland and the rest of Europe. Over 645.000 page-views on this blog by now, and well in excess of 10 million visits to the associated Google+ site which I started some years later, have convinced me to keep going, even though sometimes I don't write that regularly. Muchas gracias and thanks for visiting my blog, and don't be shy to comment. I am also now looking for guest writers, so please contact me through a comment on any newer post if you'd like to contribute, even if it is just a La Gomera holiday snap you' like to share - all copyrights will remain yours. 
End of 100th post this yearđŸ’ŻđŸ’€

2 comments :

Ut pÄ tur said...

Thank you for all your updates from beautiful La Gomera

Anonymous said...

Ditto. I check in all year round even though I only visit in January.